The common saying is man’s best friend is a Dog. In this write up we will be looking into the lives of Dogs in our society, the kind of dogs we have, they kind of breed we have.
Some Dogs are small, some are big, some dogs are friendly, some are wild, and they come as different species and breeds, you find them in various countries and continent of the world.
For the purpose of this write up we will profile and look at the top 20 biggest dogs in the world, most of the dogs that fall into this country are very deadly and wild, this kind of dog can be deadly, and these kinds of dogs can be deadly and harmful.
List of 20 Biggest Dogs in the World
- Great Dane.
- Irish wolfhound.
- English Mastiff.
- Saint Bernard.
- Cane Corso.
- Bernese mountain dog.
- Black Russian Terrier.
- Scottish deerhound.
- Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.
- Cane Corso
- Dogue de Bordeaux
- Bully Kutta
- Greater Swiss Mountain
- Dogo Argentino
- Tibetan Mastiff
The Great Dane
The Great Dane is one of the largest German breed dog in the world, the dog holds the record of the largest the dog in the world. The dog combines some great characteristics of strength, regal appearance, elegance and well-formed.
- Weight Male 120–155 pounds (54–70 kg)
- Female 105–135 pounds (48–61 kg)
- Height Male 32 inches (81 cm)
- Female 30 inches (76 cm)
- Coat Double coat, straight, hard coat
- Colour Grey, Brindle, red, black, white, fawn
- Litter size 4 to 8 puppies
- Life span 6-8 years
Irish wolfhound is also one of the biggest dogs in the world, the dog originated from Ireland, the dog is mostly used as protection dog because it is used to guide and used for protection, it has an intimidating size compared to other dogs, it can also be used for hunting.
English Mastiff is also one of the largest dogs in the world, it falls under the breed of large dogs in the world. The dog are descended from the ancient Alaunt and Pugnaces Britanniae, the dogs as an enormous size, massive head and short coat in limited range of colours.
- An English Mastiff
- Other names Mastiff
- Old English Mastiff
- Origin England
- Weight Male 150 to 250 pounds (68 to 113 kg)
- Female 120 to 200 pounds (54 to 91 kg)
- Height Male 30 inches (76 cm) minimum
- Female 5 inches (70 cm) minimum
- Coat Fine, smooth
- Colour apricot-fawn, silver-fawn, fawn, or dark fawn-brindle
Saint Bernard also happened to be one of the largest breed of dogs in the world, the dog is a working dog that originated from Switzerland, the dog got is name from Italian monk named Bernard of menthon, who happens to acquire the dogs and gave that name.
- Bernard, male, longhaired, 14 months old
- Other names Bernhard
- Bernhard inner
- Alpine Mastiff (archaic)
- Common nicknames Saint
- Weight Male 64 to 82 kg (140 to 180 lb)
- Female 54 to 64 kg (120 to 140 lb)
- Height Male 71 to 76 cm (28 to 30 in)
- Female 66 to 71 cm (26 to 28 in
Cane Corso also falls into the category of the biggest and largest dogs in the world. The dog originated from southern Italy, it is mostly used for protections, tracking, law enforcement and guarding purpose, Most people prefer to use it for their personal protection.
- Other names
- Cane Corso ItalianoItalian Corso DogItalian Mastiff
- Origin Italy
- Weight Male 45–50 kg (99–110 lb)
- Female 40–45 kg (88–99 lb)
- Height Male 62–70 cm (24–28 in)
- Female 58–66 cm (23–26 in)
The Bernese mountain dog
The Bernese mountain dog is also one of the biggest breed of Dogs in the world. It has an intimidating size, the dog originated from Switzerland. The dog as four types of breed which are as follow:
- Grosser Schweitzer Sennenhund, Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
- Berners Sennenhund, Bernese Mountain Dog
- Appenzeller Sennenhund, Appenzeller Mountain Dog
- Entlebucher Sennenhund, Entlebucher Mountain Dog
- Bernese Mountain Dog
- Other names Berners Sennenhund
- Bernese Cattle Dog
- Common nicknames “Berners”
- Origin Switzerland
- Weight Male 100–160 lb (45–75 kg)
- Female 90–140 lb (40–65 kg)
- Height Male 25–27.5 in (64–70 cm)
- Female 23–26 in (58–66 cm)
- Coat Double
- Colour Tricolour (black, rust, and white)
- Litter size average 5–7, up to 15
- Life span 7–8 years
The Black Russian Terrier
The black Russian Terrier is also another breed of dog that falls into the category of being among the largest dog breeds in the world. The dog originated from Russia, it was used as military dog and working dog.
- Other names Tchornyi Terrier, BRT
- Origin Russia
- Weight Male 50–60 kilograms (110–130 lb)
- Female 45–50 kilograms (99–110 lb)
- Height Male 72–76 centimetres (28–30 in)
- Female 68–72 centimetres (27–28 in)
- Coat Rough and thick, slightly waved
- Colour Black