Do you intend making chin chin and you are finding it difficult to do so easily? Here in this article, I will be sharing with you a step by step guide on how you can make delicious Nigerian chin chin.
These are the ingredients you need for making chin-chin. First, you will need 1 kilogram of flour or simply 5 cups of flour.
- You will need 2 pieces of eggs.
- You will need 150 ml of Milk
- You will need 250 grams of Butter.
- You will need a cup of sugar
- 1 piece of Nutmeg.
- A pinch of salt for taste.
- You will need groundnut oil
- You will need bowls in big and small sizes.
- Finally, you will need a frying pan
Note that you can use margarine in case go don’t have butter.
1. Get a big size bowl, put in the flour, add sugar, grounded nutmeg, a pinch of salt, and finally the milk. Properly mix all of these ingredients together in the big bowl.
2. As soon as you are done with that, add your magazine or butter to the dough and stir everything together.
3. After that, get a small size bowl, break the eggs into the bowl, use a fork to stir the eggs
4. Create a deep space inside the flour mixture and pour in the egg into space and continue mixing the ingredients in order to make the dough ready for chinchin.
5. Ensure that the flour mixture is not sticky. Once you see that the flour and the ingredients are well mixed, use a napkin to cover up the bowl and put the bowl inside a refrigerator, leave it there for at least 30 minutes, at most 50 minutes.
6. This next step should be done on a flat surface, you can decide to use a big chopping board. Put a little quantity of flour on the flat surface, but first, add dry flour on the surface so that the dough will not stick to the surface.
7. Now through the use of your rolling pin, you can decide to form different things from your dough.
8. Now cut your dough into small pieces using a sharp knife. You can choose to cut the dough in whatever shape you want, it can be heart shape, love shape and so on.
Next is the frying Stage
9. Put your deep frying pan on a good source of heat, pour in some good amount of oil and allow it to heat up for some time.
10. As soon as you notice the oil is hot enough, put enough dough cuts into the oil and start frying.
I will advise that you let your chin become golden brown before you remove it from the heat. It should not be less than 3-5 minutes so it can fry well.
It will make it soft inside and crunchy outside.
Now take out the fried chin chin and drain the oil by placing the chinchin on pieces of tissue papers.
Allow it to cool for sometime before enjoying the super delicious snack.