Do you need to quickly share your MTN data bundle with a loved one and you don’t know how to go about it, well you have found yourself the right article as this article will reveal to you how you can share data with friends easily.
MTN shares make it possible for subscribers to share their data bundles in MB and GB measures quickly with the use of a simple USSD code.
Note that this article is not about the renewal of data neither is it about data gifting. This is mainly for MTN subscribers who already have data on their MTN Sim card and intend to share it with others.
Now let’s go to the steps you will have to follow in order to be able to share your data.
Four steps you need to follow in sharing your MTN data.
- First, dial*123*3# and reply with 7.
- Secondly, you will be given a list of options to pick from.
- You can do data transfer from your own data balance, you can buy for a friend, you can also request data from your friend.
- Thirdly, Just choose the option you intend to go for.
- Lastly, Input the friend’s MTN phone number, choose the amount of data you want to share with the friend.
Follow the steps below:
- Pick a data plan of your choice from the table below
- Dial the code *131*2*1# or text REG to 131; so you can register for MTN data share, then you will get a special security PIN.
- You will be asked to change the Pin generated by the system to a new pin that can be easily remembered by dialing the code: *131*2*5# or by sending the text Change OLD PIN NEW PIN to the number 131.
- Following your change of pin, you will have to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data bundle by using the code *131*2*3# or by sending the text Add to 131. You are allowed to add up to 5 beneficiaries.
- As soon as you are done adding the beneficiaries you who is the sponsor will be allowed to share your available data bundle within the beneficiaries you have added by sending the keyword Share to 131 or dialing the code *131*2*4#
Note that MTN data share can only work on the below-listed plans.
If you intend to use the MTN data share service, have it in mind that you can only use the data plans below:
All (Data Plan plus Data Delight) | Amount | Code for bundle |period of validity
- 250MB plus 125MB = 375MB | N1,300 | *109# | 30 Days
- 500MB plus 250MB = 750MB | N2,000 | *110# | 30 Days
- 1GB plus 500MB = 1.5GB | N3,500 | *111# | 30 Days
- 3GB plus 1.5GB = 4.5GB | N6,500 | *129# | 30 Days
- 5GB plus 2.5GB = 7.5GB | N8,000 | *101# | 30 Days
MTN SME data share is a prepaid service that permits owners of businesses to purchase date bundle and share with their staff.
This service is particularly made for young businesses and growing businesses giving them the ability to properly manage internet usage per staff in the organization.
To make use of this service, you’ll be required to first migrate to the MTN SME Plus tariff plan by sending the text 460 to 131.
You may share your data with any beneficiary by sending the SMS listed below to 131 as displayed in the table below (or dial the code *461# and follow the instructions):
- SMEA <PhoneNumber> 250 <PIN> to 131 250MB
- SMEB <PhoneNumber> 500 <PIN> to 131 500MB
- SMEC <PhoneNumber> 1000 <PIN> to 131 1GB
- SMED <PhoneNumber> 2000 <PIN> to 131 2GB
- SMEE <PhoneNumber> 5000 <PIN> to 131 5GB.
Note that you will only be allowed to share data of 250MB, 500MB, 1GB, 2GB or 5GB. You will not be allowed to share data of other sizes.
For instance, to share 250MB of data with beneficiary using phone number 08123456789 and MTN PIN ‘1234’, then the following is sent as SMS to 131 (or simply dial *461# and follow the prompt);
SMEA 08031234567 250 1234 = Right Format!
You can also share MTN Data with friends without the use of USSD code or SMS as applied in the previous methods.
All you need to do is simply follow the guides below to make a wireless connection with your smartphone.
Guides on making a Mobile Hotspot. Open the settings menu on your smartphone.
Make a tap on “more” in the section showing “Wireless & networks”.
- Tap the menu showing “Hotspot and Tethering”
- Tap the option of “Mobile Hotspot” in order to change your settings appropriately.
- Put mobile hotspot new name and password.
- Put on your mobile hotspot
- Enable your hotspot
- Make a connection to your hotspot on another device.
I hope this article has helped solved a challenge as you have been given several options on how to share your MTN data, now you can keep exploring any or all of the three methods.