Today we be looking at how to apply for an Italy visa right here in Nigeria, this is a do it yourself guide on how you can apply all by yourself without the help of anybody. This guide will be very useful for those who are planning to visit Italy either for schooling, visitation such as holidays and the likes.
This guide will take you through all the process, the required documents you suppose to have or get to facilitate each free application.
First Italy is a European nation and the mode of application for visa is quite different from other countries of the world. You will need to understand there are various types of visa classification for entry into Italy, we look at them and you can decide which suit your purpose of travelling.
Types of Visa Classification
The visa application is known as the Schengen visa, this visa covers application for all European nation, they all fall into this category namely:
- Tourist Visa
- Work Visa
- Employment Visa
- Visiting Visa
- Entry Visa ( Re-entry Visa)
These are the various types of Visa you can apply for, for you to be given entry into Italy.
Italy Visa Entry Requirement
Before you can apply for a Visa into Italy you need to have the following documents while preparing for your application.
- Visit the VFS Global site and fill the application form, all word must be in Block Letters
- Two recent passport photograph with a size of about 34 x 45 MM the passport photo must be in White Background.
- You must have a recent passport which must be valid for at least six month before applications.
- You must do a photocopy of the data page of your passport containing your bio data page.
- You must provide a travel medical insurance covering your travelling incase of unforeseen circumstance such as death and other medical expenses on your trip
- Your intending travel date
- Confirmation of your trip, your bookings and hotel reservations
- Confirmation of your flight booking and airline
- A signed copy that all information supplied by you is correct
The processing time for your Visa to be ready is 15days from the time of application and you pick up on your own when your application is ready.
Cost of Visa for Italy Application
All visa fee must be paid at the designated bank and their bank is Sterling Bank.
- Children between the ages of 0-6 years visa fee is free
- Children between the ages of 6-12 years there visa fee N12,300
- Tourist Visa cost N 21,000
Mode of Visa Application
- Get all your documents together
- Visit the nearest VAC centre to schedule your appointment by supplying all your information at the VFS Global
- Visit the VAC centre nearest to you
- Supply and submit all your documents
- Pay the visa fee allocated to your visa category
- Do your biometrics
- Before you leave the VAC centre sign a disclaimer form
- Visit the site and track your application status, this can be done by using your receipt number and date of birth for tracking of your application
How to Apply for Italy Visa in Nigeria
- Visit the Italian embassy site at italy-ng.com
- Download the application form
- Fill the downloaded form properly and print out the hard copy
- Sign the application form
- Give reason why you want to visit Italy
- Make sure all your letters is addressed to Italian embassy Ambassador
- A duly filled and completed application must be taken to the Italian embassy consulate in Lagos or Abuja
Italian Visa Application Centres
The Visa application centres for Italy visa is located in two centres in Nigeria.
- The Lagos Centre is located at Manor House, Plot 110 by Admiral Ayinla Way along Lekki Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase 1
- The Abuja Centre is located at Sterling Bank Building,Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari, Way by Central Business District.
If you have any related concerns, reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 08150188800
The embassy is only opened on working days, take note of some notable holiday because they will not operate on this days, there operations will be closed for those periods, so please take note of those days.
For more enquiry you can also visit their embassy at the following locations;
- Abuja Embassy is located at 21st Crescent , Off constitution Avenue, Central Business District, Abuja
- Lagos Embassy is located at 12. Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
Application hours for visa is between the hours of 8.00 am to 2.00 pm while that for passport application is between the hours of 11am to 4.00 pm.
I believe this guide have been able to open your eyes to the process of applying for Italian visa without any form of hitch. With this guide now you can easily apply for your Italian visa.
Please help share with your social media network and if you have any suggestions drop your comments below.