We have put together a well-written guide on how to make plantain porridge. Plantain Porridge happens to be one of the delicacies that can be made out of plantain, apart from the sweet delicacies derives from eating it, it also carries a lot of health benefit that can be gotten from it, Often times doctor advise patients to eat it, especially those suffering from diabetics.
Plantain porridge those not appear often on most menus but any time it is being cooked you get that natural taste from it.
Plantain porridge is not ascribed to a particular tribe in Nigeria, its everybody delicacies, as far as you have the time to cook it.
Plantain porridge is often made from unripe plantain, but some people prefer to mix things up, by combining both the unripe and ripe plantain together, it all depends on your preference. But all in all, whether you use ripe or unripe plantain you get your desired good and delicious taste.
Ingredients used to Prepare Plantain Porridge
- 5 medium-size unripe plantain or mix together with ripe plantain
- Red oil(palm oil 10cl)
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Fresh pepper
- 2 cubes of Maggi depending on your taste
- 1 bulb of onion
- Pumpkin skin depending on the vegetable you like
- Medium size mackerel
- Meat or beef depending on what you want
- Fish of your choice
For you to enjoy your plantain porridge, it will be better you add all these ingredients to make your plantain porridge rich, but some people would like to use just a few of these ingredients, it all depends on what you like and how you want your plantain porridge to look like.
How to Prepare Your Plantain Porridge
Follow the following process to learn how to make your delicious plantain porridge.
- Cook your meat, add 1 cube of Maggi. Add salt, put 2 cups of water and boil for 30 minutes, you can also add spice of your choice to give it a good taste.
- Add your fish to eat and add another cube of maggi with salt and onions.
- Bring out your unripe plantain and peel the back off, then slice into small size.
- Then slice your tomatoes, pepper, and onion.
- Go back to your boiled meat and fish, once you notice your fish is properly boiled remove it from the pot and continue boiling the meat.
- Add 10cl of red oil into the pot
- Add 2 cup of water
- Add 2 spoon of crayfish and salt to taste
- Add extra cube of maggi to give it your desired taste
- Allow to boil for about 20 minutes, then add your sliced unripe plantain, add your diced tomatoes and pepper and also add your fish.
- Allow to cook for about 15-20 minutes
- Once the plantain is properly cooked then add your vegetables allow to cook for 5 minutes
- Once cooked for 5 minutes stir all together and it’s ready to be served.
With this process, you can comfortably cook and prepare your plantain porridge.