In today’s article we would be looking at the salary structure of the Nigeria Army, but first lets look at The Nigeria military forces which comprises of the Queen’s Own Nigeria Defence Force (QONDF) The Nigerian Army, The Royal Nigerian Navy (Navy), The Royal Airforce of Nigeria(RAF), The Parachute Regiment and the anti-aircraft unit.
The 3 armed force unit make up the Nigeria military force and they all have their unique role and functions that ensure that The Nigeria military force is effective in its operations. The 3 armed units in The Nigeria military forces also have unique distinction and honor role service and award roles to recognize their efforts and contributions to the development of The Nigeria military force, leading to the establishment of The Nigeria military order of chivalry
The Nigerian Army, The Queen’s Own Nigerian Defence Force (QONDF) is one of three major services or Armed Forces in The Nigeria Military Force which currently has about 200,000 active duty personnel comprising; The Nigerian Army, The Royal Navy and The Air-Force. They all form part of an overall structure as follows: elements reporting directly to the Office of Chief of Army Staff includes the Office for Special Duties and Intelligence/Security Organizations. Elements reporting directly to The Chief of The Army Staff are The Commander 1 Division, The Aide De Camp, The Brigade Major, The Assistant Adjutant, and Quartermaster General (A & QMG), The Nigerian Army Training and Doctrine Command (NA TRADOC), which plans for the training to include;
– The Policy Directorate, – Military Training Directorate, – Research and Technology Directorate, – Training Support Directorate.
The policy directorate contains the following departments:
– Military Intelligence Department
– Operations Department.
While the Naval Headquarters Reporting Structure includes:
Policy and Plans Division including Naval Intelligence Division. Logistics Division administration is bifurcated into two sections namely Supply Chain Management and Contract Logistics Coordination.
Naval Training Command, The Naval Training Command, The Nigerian Navy, The Royal Navy (The Navy), The Air-Force, The Royal Air force Of Nigeria (RAF). The AFHQ includes the following agencies:
The Vice Chief of Army Staff (VCA), The Aide Majors and Quarter Master General(AM&QMG). There are also elements reporting directly to The Chief of The Defence Staff; The Deputy Inspector General of Police.
– Commander 1 Division, – Brigade Major Office for Special Duties – Intelligence/Security Organizations. Elements reporting directly to headquarters include:
– Corps of signals, – Defence Headquarters Guard Brigade, – Directorate Logistics, Rear Services Secretariat and Equipment Requirements (DLO & RRD), Organized by Departmental Heads Beginning with Complaints, The Nigeria Military Forces, The Nigerian Army, The Queen’s Own Nigerian Defence Force (QONDF), The Nigerian Navy, The Royal Navy of Nigeria (Navy), The African Air-Force, The Royal Air force of Nigeria (Air Force).
The 3 armed unit are the most strategic and important part of The Nigeria Military Force. They all have unique roles and duties in The Nigeria Military Forces as well.
For the purpose of this article we would be looking at the Nigeria Army and its salary structure as it relates to our write up.
The Nigeria Army happens to be the largest component in the Nigeria Armed forces that comprises of the Army, Navy and Air Force. The Nigeria Army happens to be the main fighting force of the Armed Forces and also comprises the largest percentage.
Salary structure is very important for soldiers as it determine their level of comfort and livelihood. Salary structure in the country often influence how these young men decide on what courses or professions they would pursue due to different levels of benefits attached to each course or profession.
Salary structure in the Armed Forces will also determine how people will decide on what course or profession to pursue. Salary structure of any organization is important as it determines the source of income and level of comfort for employees working under that company.
Brief History of the Nigeria Army
The Nigeria Army was founded in 1914 after the amalgamation of the Royal West African Frontier Force, Northern Nigeria Regiment and Southern Nigeria Regiment to form one single entity which was named, The Nigerian Army. The Army comprised several indigenous units such as Hausas, Igbos and Yorubas, who were called upon to assist them in their struggle for control over the country. It is however one of the three major forces in Nigeria, comprising about 39% of national servicemen as at 2009.
Functions of the Nigeria Army
- Protecting and preserving the sovereignty of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Carrying out or coordinating military actions in Nigeria.
- Cooperating in international peacekeeping operations when required to do so by law.
- Providing assistance to the police force during public emergencies.
- Assisting with disaster relief operations both within and outside Nigeria when required to do so by law.
Salary structure in the Nigeria Army
Here is the recent current salary structure in the Nigeria Army and it is according to their ranks and they are as follows:
1.A General in the Nigeria army earns N 246, 641.00 Salary per month
2.A Brigadier in the Nigeria army earns N 221, 337 Salary per month
3.A Colonel in the Nigeria army earns N 206, 263 Salary per month
4.An officer of the rank of Captain earns N 191, 589 Salary per month
5.An officer of the rank of Major earns N 182, 679 Salary per month
6.An officer of the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Nigeria army earns N 170, 829 Salary per month
- An officer in the Junior Officer ranking between 2nd lieutenant and Lieutenant earns N 152, 183 Salary per month
9.An officer in the Junior Officer ranking between 2nd Lieutenant and Lieutenant earns N 160, 716 Salary per month
- A 1st Class Warrant Officer earns about N 135, 595 Salary per month
11.An Ordinary soldier Nigerian army earns N 76, 779 Salary per month
Here you have it the salary structure of the Nigeria army, help share this information with your social media network on your various social media handle.