There have been some breakthroughs in financial technology now people can easily withdraw money without their cards from the POS or ATM machines.
Cardless withdrawal technology originated 2 years ago in the United States after Wells Fargo made an announcement to its customers without their debit cards.
This technology is unique in the sense that allow people who make use of smartphones to make withdrawals without using the debit card. All the customer is required to input is a code and ATM PIN number.
So you can fetch this unique code from your bank quickly using your phone mobile banking app or getting it via text message and this will be required in the verification of your cardless withdrawal transaction at ATMs.
Thid technology came to Nigeria few years back and it started to get recognition In 2017.
it’s Nigerian banks have started making use of this technology but let’s focus on the sterling bank.
Sterling Bank Plc is a full national service commercial bank that is licensed by the regulatory body, Central Bank of Nigeria. Nigerian Stock Exchange has permitted them to share trade under the Banking sector with the symbol STERLNBANK.
These are the steps to perform a Sterling bank cardless withdrawal;
Sterling bank offers this cardless transaction service through its banking USSD code – *822*42#.
- Dial *822*42# from your mobile phone and select “Withdraw Money” option
- Select the “ATM Withdrawal” option.
- Enter the Amount and validate the transaction with your PIN.
- You will receive a transaction code for successful withdrawal.
- Keep the code and visit any of our nearest ATM
- Press ‘0’ to perform a cardless withdrawal.
- Select Sterling Money and Input your Phone number, Amount Initiated, and the transaction code received and select continue.
- Collect your cash from the ATM.
- Get cash easily at the ATM machine without using your debit card.
- It is an easy means to transfer cash to friends and family, without any compromise of your debit card information.
- This service is available 24/7 in Nigeria on all quickteller enabled ATMs.
However, the maximum withdrawal amount using Sterling Bank ATM via cardless withdrawal transaction is N20,000.
You can always create your pin code through any Nigerian ATM machine that has a cardless withdrawal functionality.