Recently in Lagos state, UberBOAT was unveiled. The UberBOAT is a project intended to relieve congestion in the highways in Lagos State.
After UberBOAT was launched in Egypt in 2017, Nigeria came to be the second African country to have the boat service on the continent of Africa. Other countries outside Africa like Mumbai in India and Croatia have already been using the UberBOAT service.
Lagos State is known for its congested highways with a record of up to 22 million occupants. Commuters are expected to stay on the road for long hours and it is usually a very tiring ordeal.
The UberBOAT service is therefore regarded as a viable strategy to tackle congestions on Lagos roads and help commuters to maneuver the traffic on road by plying waterways instead.
The UberBoat Service in Lagos is facilitated by the Uber in collaboration with the Lagos State Waterways Authority and Texas Connection Ferries.
The following routes are therefore only open for the next 2 weeks on a weekday (October 11 to 25 October) due to reasons that the UberBOAT service is very much at a pilot stage.
Available Routes & Price
- Ikorodu – Falomo in the morning. (N500 per trip)
- Falomo – Ikorodu in the evening. (N500 per trip)
How to book for a UberBOAT Trip
Follow the simple steps below to book a trip on the UberBOAT:
To guarantee a seat on a boat, it is important that you make a pre-booking, do this by:
- Opening your mobile or PC and visit the URL www.uber.com/bookuberboat
- Reserve a seat by booking a day ahead
- Complete the booking with your Uber Signup details
- You will get a confirmation about your order in the email
To book on the day of the Trip
- Use an UberX to your pick up Jetty (LASWA Boat Jetty, Falomo Ikoyi or Ikorodu Ferry Terminal). Be sure to have arrived at the Jetty 30minutes before cruise time.
- Open up your Uber App on your mobile and select UberBOAT.
- Key in either of the pickups and drop off points (LASWA Boat Jetty, Falomo Ikoyi or Ikorodu Ferry Terminal)
- Use the generated PIN to secure a seat on the boat
- Support Staff of UBER will be on the ground to assist with bookings
Cruise schedule to plan trips
(From Ikorodu in the morning)
(From Falomo in the evening)
|Boat 1||7.00 a.m||7.35 a.m||5.00p.m||5.35p.m|
|Boat 2||8.00 a.m||8.35 a.m||5.30p.m||6.05p.m|