This is a detailed guide on how one of the major freelance site Upwork works, this site help connect both the seller and buyers together in a single community. We will look into how to create Upwork Account, set up your profile and post a job on the site.
With this guide you are just click a way to set up your own Upwork account and start offering job as a freelancer yourself without the help of anybody.
Upwork has created an opportunity for people with different skills and service to offer their services, this gives them the platform to showcase their service in exchange for money, they have the opportunity to render multiple services on Upwork platform depending on the area of expertise of the seller.
On Upwork a seller is there to offer is service for a fee while the buyer is there on Upwork to contract a job to the seller.
For those who have skills and services to render, Upwork is a platform for you to make extra cash and income, if you have made success with another freelance site in the past like Fiverr, then you should also see Upwork as a great opportunity to make more cash and income.
We can say Upwork expertly connects professionals and agencies to business seeking agents.
How to Sign up for Upwork
To sign up for Upwork you have to first choose which plan you want to go for:
- Basic plan, you can start with this plan because it’s free to use, this plan gives you access to unlimited proposal from freelancers and also provides built-in tools for you to work with.
- Plus plan, this plan has all the features of the basic plan and has its own dedicated features this plan is not free and will cost you $49.99 monthly to use.
- Business plan, this plan has all the features of basic and plus plan while also having its distinct features, with this plan you have to pay $499 monthly for you to be able to use it.
- Enterprise plan, this plan has all the other three features and also has its own distinct features but this plan is more expensive than the first three, the price depends on project you want to use it for, before you can be charged you will need to contact them.
After you have chosen your preferred plan you can now go-ahead to sign up following the easy simple step below:
- Once you click on sign up
- Fill in your info which must include your company name, Tagline, Description of who you are , your company logo and website URL
- Set up your billing method you have 3 options which includes your bank account, paypal and credit card.
- Having done all that get ready to post your first job.
Having signed up on Upwork you need to know how to create a profile.
How to create an Upwork profile that gets you clients
- Link your account to any of the following Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Dribbble.
- Add a profile picture
- Add your title
- Add your overview
- Add an introduction video
- List your skills
- Assess your English skills
- Select your experience level
- Add your job history
- Add your education history
- Build your portfolio
- Set your rate per job
How to withdraw your earnings on Upwork
- Every of your earnings will be under pending for 6 days to undergo security period
- After the 6th day it will be available for withdrawal and date for withdrawal
- The process of withdrawal to the receiving banks depends on other factors.
- Withdrawal takes between 2 to 4 working days
How to Delete Your Upwork Account
A number of reasons might be responsible for you to want to delete your Upwork Account, because of the high competition and or you may not have any job to work on. To delete your Upwork account follow the following process to delete your account.
- Login to your Upwork account
- Go to your account settings
- From there go to contact info section
- Click on close my account
- Click why you want your account to be deleted, give reasons
- Then click confirm that you want to delete your account
And with you following those simple process, you have successfully deleted your Upwork account.
We hope you find this info about Upwork freelancing site very useful if you enjoy reading it kindly help share with others on your social medium platform.
For any suggestion kindly drop your comments in the section below.